Once in a while an article seems to strike a nerve, and continues to be read and requested for years. Here are some of mine that have made the biggest splash:
- The Stewardship of Risk Taking risks is just as much a part of stewardship as thrift.
- What is the Mission of “Missions”? Most congregations engage in some kind of social ministry. But why?
- The Post-Construction Blues After the building dedication, many congregations fall into a slump. How to prevent it, how to move through it.
- Ask Alban: Is it Wise to Hire Members? Advice for congregations thinking about hiring members for staff roles, and for members thinking about becoming staff.
- A Soul Decision Many guides to raising money suggest that there is one legitimate motivation for giving. The truth is that people give for many reasons.